Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A letter to my new friend Grace Cooper

Dear Grace,

Your mom sent us a note today telling us how excited she is that you are coming. I just wanted to say that I can't wait to meet you! I know that you will be perfect in every way. One of my favorite things about life is that everyone here is so very different. It's so wonderful to see the diversity in the world you will soon be entering into. Everyone is so wonderfully different! There are people of all shapes, sizes and colors. Some of the people you will meet will not even speak the same language as you. The differences in us is what makes us perfect. And you, precious Grace, will be uniquely you; just as we all are. I know I don't need to tell you this, but you have chosen the most wonderful parents. Your dad has the silliest jokes that can make even the most sour of us laugh. Your mom inspires peace and gives acceptance to everyone she meets. Sometimes your parents and all of your friends that here waiting to meet you, will teach you wonderful things, but mostly you will teach us. Thank you for choosing to bless us with your birth. We love you already.
Your New Friend,
Lydia

3 comments:

Mary How said...

what a beautiful letter. We really are looking forward to meeting her, and feel blessed to have another sweet child join us.

Krissee said...

Oh Lydia that was so sweet! I can't wait to meet her.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

that was really sweet! how lucky are we to have all of these amazing children join us!